(1-1/2 condiments) 1/2 tsp each:
- chili powder
- mexican oregano leaves crushed (regular oregano is fine)
- 4-5 tilapia fillets, thawed (about 4 lean — weigh after cooking)
- 12 lettuce leaf cups (2 green — 3 leaves per serving)
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (4 green — 1/2 cup per serving)
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro (1 condiment — 1/4 cup per serving)
- 8 lime wedges (1 condiment — 2 per serving)
- 1/2 cup light mayo (8 healthy fat)
- 1 tsp lemon juice (1
- 1 Tbsp diced dill pickle (part of a snack) 2 T per
- Sprinkle spice mix over the tilapia and bake for 25 minutes at 400 degrees.
- While it is cooking, mix up tartar sauce.
- When the fish is cooked, shred the meat with a fork and weigh out your
portion (7 oz for a full meal or 3.5 oz for a half).
- Assemble the tacos
by putting 3 lettuce leaves on a plate for each serving and dividing
ingredients between the 3 tacos.
- Put a scant tablespoon of tartar sauce (2 T for all three tacos in a serving) down the center, top with 1/3 of the fish, 1/3 of the cilantro, squeeze of lime (1/2 wedge about for
each taco, and top with 1/2 C of cabbage divided between your 3 tacos.
- Wrap them up and enjoy.
- Again, this is 4 servings If you have this as a full meal, you need to use 7 oz of fish, and add 1 1/2 green serving.