Autumn is a wonderful time of year! The crisp air, the changing leaves and warm apple cider. It’s also a great time to encourage your kids to appreciate fall with some fun outdoor actives.
A few ideas
- Play in the leaves! Raking leaves as a family is great exercise and a lot more fun then doing it alone. Kids will love the opportunity to dive in and there is no better way to enjoy an active life then with the ones you love.
- Collect leaves for an art project– have the kids take a sandwich bag to collect the different color and shaped leaves. These can later be used for arts and crafts like this cute fall placemat.
- Visit a local farm for an afternoon of apple picking, hayrides, and pumpkin carving! A day together walking through the apple orchard is great exercise and you walk away with a healthy snack.
- Sports Day in the Park: In the middle of summer the heat can sometimes make playing sports for hours difficult. But, with the cooler weather comes the opportunity to get the whole family out for a game of football or soccer. Not only will you be getting the benefit of a great work out, you will have the opportunity to bond as a family.
- Stuff a scarecrow. Break out an old shirt and overalls and stuff until firm. Use a pumpkin you picked at the pumpkin patch for a head.
Most importantly get out there, move around, take in the Fall weather, and enjoy time with your family!