I hope your February is starting off in the right direction. I hope you have your structural tension charts set and moving you along to the life you want to create.
Seems that there is a lot of activity with different recipes and questions about what is and what is not allowed on the 5&1 weight loss program.
I thought I would share some information tonight that might be helpful.
Condiments: you have the option of adding condiments to your food selections. Although condiments add flavor and zest to your meals, they can also contribute to your overall carbohydrate intake. Therefore Medifast recommends reading food labels for carbohydrate information and controlling your condiment portions for optimal weight-loss results.
Here are some of the groups included in this list: Fresh Herbs, Dried Herbs & Spices, Sauces & Syrups, Dairy, Cheese, & Milk Substitutes, Baking & cooking Ingredients, and Flavor Enhancers. Also included in this Condiment Recommendation list are more options for your daily Healthy Fat servings, including Salad Dressings.
Did you know that:
- ½ tsp of Butter Buds,
- 1 Tbsp low fat cream cheese,
- 1 Tbsp of whipped cream
can be used as Condiments?
- ½ tsp of Wheat, Rice or Corn Bran?
- Did you know that 1 ½ oz of avocado , ½ oz of hazelnuts, peanuts, pistachios or walnuts can be used as a healthy fat option?
Remember, these items do add carbohydrates to you daily intake but they can be enjoyed sparingly. It is recommended to limit your Optional Condiments to no more than 3 a day.
Meatless options list
Another source of options is the Meatless Options list. Did you know that you can have:
- 2 Boca Grilled Vegetable Burgers
- 6 oz (1 ½ cups shredded) low-fat cheese
- (1- 1.5 grams fat/oz) or 4 oz (1 cup shredded) moderate-fat cheese
for your lean portion of your Lean & Green?
Allergen/Dietary Information list
The last list I would like to remind everyone of is the Allergen/Dietary Information list.
- Are you wondering what products have soy protein in them and which have whey protein?
- Are you thinking you want to add gluten-free products to your order?
- Are you concerned about which products are Kosher?
The Allergen/Dietary Information list is where you can find that information.
Please know that your health coach is available to be of assistance to you as well as the staff at Nutritional Support. But don’t forget about all the online help and assistance you have any time of day or night. Explore your coach’s co-branded website. Take the time to learn about all aspects of this program that you chose to help you to change your health and create the life you want.