Harnessing the power of habits to build vibrant new lifestyles
The Habits of Health Transformational System is built around the idea that we can automate the behaviors that create health. By harnessing the power of habits, we can make small choices and incrementally build a vibrant new lifestyle.
Along the way, though, we need to reprogram our Habits of Disease, which means making choices that are much different from the behaviors that added up to who we are today mentally, emotionally, and physically. For some of us, we may have spent decades reinforcing a routine that adds pounds to our waistlines and takes years off of our lives.
Undoing all of that can seem impossible!
The good news is that it’s not. We have seen thousands of people take back control of their health and write a whole new story for themselves. To do that, they began making new choices to forge new habits.
But what if making healthy choices is difficult or stressful in certain situations? How can you make it easier to make healthier choices?
Tips to help
This is a deep topic, but here are some quick tips:
- Get more sleep. Research has found that impaired sleep affects our decision-making process. When we are rested, we have more control and are more likely to make choices that are in line with our values and our goals.
- Plan ahead. If you anticipate being in a scenario where you will face temptation or anxiety, plan ahead. Visualize yourself conquering the challenges you anticipate, and take steps to make the moment easier. For example, you can talk to a well-meaning family member ahead of time about why you aren’t eating dessert, or you can pack your meals for that long family road trip.
- Keep a journal. No one is perfect, and we all make mistakes sometimes. Instead of dwelling on an error in judgment, learn from it by writing about your experience so that you can understand what happened and write out how you will conquer the obstacle next time.
- Talk to your health coach. Our community is full of wonderful people from all walks of life who have faced many of the difficulties that you may face on your journey to optimal wellbeing. Talk to them! They are brimming with insight and are available to give you support.
- Stop. Challenge. Choose. This simple process continues to change the lives of the people who learn it. In a few quick seconds, you can recover your composure and make the healthy choice. The ebook is a quick, free, and powerful read.
I hope this helps.