Longevity is the culmination of the many Habits of Health.
These steps will help to keep you on track to achieve your health goals, but don’t hesitate to reference previous lessons if you’re not sure how to complete a particular step.
You may find it helpful to print this email so that you can check off the changes that you’ve mastered.
Step 1: Right Now
- Don’t use tobacco.
- Don’t use recreational drugs.
- Wear seatbelts.
- Drive a car with airbags.
- Drive the speed limit.
- Limit alcohol.
- Practice safe sex.
- Avoid sunburn.
- Avoid highways.
Step 2: Create a Healthy Environment
- Eliminate toxins.
- Purify your water.
- Purify your air.
- Equip your house with functioning smoke detectors.
- Create swimming pool barriers.
- Secure your home.
- Secure firearms.
Step 3: Get a Yearly Check-Up
Be sure to address all health issues with your physician and ask for their cooperation as you continue to adopt and strengthen your Habits of Health. Let them know that you want to create optimal health and minimize the need for medications.
Step 4: Create Optimal Oral Health
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss daily.
- Get a yearly dental check-up.
- Have your teeth cleaned twice a year.
- Don’t use tobacco products.
- Limit alcohol.
- Use lip balm with sunscreen.
- Avoid lipsticks without sunscreen.
- Keep your mouth moist.
Step 5: Reach and Maintain Your Healthy Weight
- Adhere to the Habits of Healthy Eating.
- Adopt the BeSlim lifestyle.
- Incorporate the Habits of Motion into your routine.
Step 6: Incorporate the Habits of Health
- Maintain the three habits listed in Step 5.
- Commit to the habits of healthy sleeping.
- Leverage optimum support.
- Incorporate my anti-inflammatory strategy into your Habits of Health.
- Use nutritional optimization and augmentation.
Step 7: Attain Optimal Health
This email challenge has given you a roadmap to create and sustain optimal health for now and for always, but it’s your responsibility to progressively implement all of this material in order to enjoy the full benefit of the Habits of Health.
Get some help, have some fun, apply structural tension, proper motivation, and primary and secondary choices—and enjoy a thriving life. But give it time! This isn’t a sprint but rather an amazing journey to uncover your healthy, vibrant self, and I can see that self already beginning to manifest.