“Optimal Health is a journey taken one step, one habit, and one day at a time.” -Dr. Wayne S. Andersen
If you could choose Optimal Health, would you? Of course you would!
Achieving Optimal Health is Now Possible
Optimal Health is a whole new approach to well-being that is based on creating health with the Take Shape For Life Program. Three unique components (your Health Coach, the Medifast 5 & 1 Plan,
and the Habits of Health) create the foundation and long-term support that will guide you along your journey. As you work toward Optimal Health, you’ll learn to make the choices that will help you
take charge of your health for the long term. Reaching a healthy weight is just the beginning—there is much more to come.
The Path to a Longer, Healthier Life
Take Shape For Life is more than fast, safe, effective weight loss—it’s your key to better health “For Life.” Six simple steps will get you headed there. Take Shape For Life is a thriving, vibrant grass-roots movement of Health Coaches, Health Professionals, and Clients who are redefining the path to health and well-being. Welcome and congratulations on deciding to change your life; we’re glad you are joining us!
We previously covered the first two steps that will help you reach a healthy weight and create the foundation for Optimal Health and a more fulfilling life. Now, let’s look at steps 3 & 4.i
Transition to Healthy Eating
(Weeks to Months)
Making a transition requires a plan:
• Start and carefully follow the transition plan as described in the Quick Start Guide.
• Work with your Health Coach to calculate the target calorie intake level you need in order to maintain your new healthy weight (chapter 12 in Dr. A’s Habits of Health).
• Increase your physical activity with Habits of Motion as outlined in Dr. A’s Habits of Health (ask your Health Coach for more information about exercise).
• Continue to learn and live the BeSlim lifestyle.
Recommended readings: Chapters 8 – 12 in Dr. A’s Habits of Health and Lessons 9 – 10 in Living a Longer Healthier Life.
Creating Long-Term Health with the Habits of Health
(Weeks to Months)
BeSlim is now part of your daily routine and:
• You are learning how to progress your Habits of Motion (chapters 13 – 16 in Dr. A’s Habits of Health).
• You are learning how to sleep better (chapter 17 in Dr. A’s Habits of Health).
• You are working with your Health Coach to establish the support system necessary to maintain your new healthy habits (chapter 18 in Dr. A’s Habits of Health).
Recommended readings: Chapters 13 – 18 in Dr. A’s Habits of Health and Lessons 11 – 14 in Living a Longer Healthier Life.
Now, you have probably realized that I have only covered two of the six steps. Don’t fret; we will cover the rest on following Nurse Support Calls so mark your calendars to attend. If you would like a copy of the notes covering Steps 1 and 2, visit Dr A’s website at www.drwayneandersen.com, and scroll down to “Achieving Optimal Health is Now Possible.” Also, you can contact your health coach and ask them how to obtain your copy of the new brochure, “The Path to a Longer, Healthier Life.”
This is just the beginning – there is much more to come!