Important information to remember…. Whether it’s an “Evening Weakening” or a “Weakened Weekend”… Here are some very important reasons why you want to follow the directions and not be “on again off again”.
- The first reason is that you will get the best results.
- In order for the program to be effective, you must be in the fat burning state. Why? Because when you are burning fat you have lots of energy, not tired, not hungry, and most importantly…you are burning fat, not muscle. We want you to spare your muscle as it is very important in your metabolism, calorie burning ability, and strength.
- It is very unhealthy to be going in and out of the fat burning state. This will cause a stress to your body whether you can feel it or not.
- This “on again off again” behavior is not helping you to learn healthy eating habits, in fact, just the opposite. You will be teaching yourself a very unhealthy habit, possibly binging, and also weakening any will power you might of thought you had.
- Drinking on the weekends… Just say “no”. Alcohol lets your defenses down and fills you up with empty calories and carbs, which will kick you out of the fat burning stage.
- When you kick out, it can take up to three days to kick back in. Causing you to be hungry and possible tired until you are burning fat again.
- In other words…If you can’t do it right, switch to a maintenance-type program with more calories until you are truly ready.
What can you do if you really want to succeed?
- Talk to your Health Coach and tell them that you are ready and want their help.
- Make a point to get on all the support calls
- Sign up for Support in Motion…The interactive, internet support tool where you can learn about getting healthy, plot your goals and follow them on a chart, log your daily meals, chat with others, learn new recipes. To sign up go to your health coach’s website or go to tsfl.com and click on the support in motion window and follow the directions.
- Keep a daily journal
- Write a daily affirmation a say it often.
- Have a clear set of goals and what you will need to do to reach them
- Exercise when the time is right…3 weeks into the program for most.
- Follow the directions in your quick start book exactly.
- measure lean and green
- drink your water
- get all five Medifast plus lean and green in daily
- eat within your first hour of waking
- don’t over exercise in the first 3 weeks.
9. Become a health coach yourself! Our health coaches have a very high success rate and find it easy to keep it off…when you talk the talk you’ve got to walk the walk.
10. Read Dr. A’s Habits of Health and get the new Companion guide along with self study video to help you stay on track.