“Optimal Health is a journey taken one step, one habit, and one day at a time.” -Dr. Wayne S. Andersen
If you could choose Optimal Health, would you? Of course you would!
Optimal Health is a whole new approach to well-being that is based on creating health with the Take Shape For Life Program. Three unique components (your Health Coach, the Medifast 5 & 1 Plan,
and the Habits of Health) create the foundation and long-term support that will guide you along your journey. As you work toward Optimal Health, you’ll learn to make the choices that will help you
take charge of your health for the long term. Reaching a healthy weight is just the beginning—there is much more to come.
The Path to a Longer, Healthier Life
Take Shape For Life is more than fast, safe, effective weight loss—it’s your key to better health “For Life.” Six simple steps will get you headed there. Take Shape For Life is a thriving, vibrant grass-roots movement of Health Coaches, Health Professionals, and Clients who are redefining the path to health and well-being. Welcome and congratulations on deciding to change your life; we’re glad you are joining us!
Here are the six steps that will help you reach a healthy weight and create the foundation for Optimal Health and a more fulfilling life.
Make the Decision to Get Healthy—NOW Preparing for Your Journey
Your Health Coach will guide you:
- In ordering your first month of Medifast Meals.
- In reading the Quick Start Guide carefully and discussing any questions you have.
- By recommending that you order the Habits of Health lifestyle program. The Habits of Health system includes Dr. A’s Habits of Health, Living a Longer Healthier Life, and Dr. A’s Habits of Health Video Series.
- In completing your Health Assessment online or in Chapter 5 in Dr. A’s Habits of Health.
- By setting your goals for healthy weight and wellness.
Recommended readings: Chapters 1 – 5 in Dr. A’s Habits of Health and Lessons 1 – 7 in Living a Longer Healthier Life.
Reach a Healthy Weight -(Weeks to Months)
To lose weight effectively:
- Follow the Medifast 5 & 1 Plan as outlined in the Quick Start Guide.
- Discuss any challenges with your Health Coach.
- Participate in weekly Support Calls as outlined in the Quick Start Guide.
- Register and participate on the Support in Motion website.
- Learn about the BeSlim® lifestyle.
Recommended readings: Chapters 6 – 7 in Dr. A’s Habits of Health and Lesson 8 in Living a Longer Healthier Life.
At this point it’s essential to learn the BeSlim lifestyle and the behavior modifications that will support
lasting change and improved health. When he was creating Take Shape For Life’s program, Dr. Wayne Andersen investigated behaviors of the people most successful at long-term weight control,
and uncovered core habits that these men and women incorporated into their routine.
The BeSlim lifestyle is composed of six of these core behaviors that have been proven to help maintain a healthy weight. They are easy to remember using the acronym “BESLIM.”
- Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day; don’t skip it.
- High-quality fuel gives you the energy and clarity you need to handle whatever your day brings.
- Medifast Meals make it easy to have a fast, filling, and nutritious breakfast every day
- Exercise increases your metabolism so you burn more fuel.
- Purposeful movement helps your bones and muscles get stronger, your joints become more flexible, and your posture improve.
- Regular exercise helps you manage stress better and increases both your mental clarity and your resistance to disease.
- Research shows that personalized support is a key factor in the success of a healthy lifestyle.
- A Health Coach provides encouragement, education, and tools to help their Clients achieve their healthy weight goals.
- In addition, the Take Shape For Life Bio-Network, which includes doctors, nurses, and dietitians, can answer questions and provide professional insights on healthy living.
Low -fat meals 5 to 6 times a day
- Eating frequently, controlling your portion sizes and your total calorie intake, and limiting excess fat are essential for Optimal Health.
- Take Shape For Life makes this possible even for the busiest of Clients with a simple plan and pre-portioned, highly nutritious Medifast Meals.
- An informed, individualized eating plan, including Medifast Meals, can help you stay on course with your weight-loss and other health goals.
- Your Health Coach will help you address your triggers and unhealthy behaviors to help you replace them with the Habits of Health.
- Up to 85% of people who lose weight gain it back, but it doesn’t happen overnight.
- The most effective way to keep what you’ve worked so hard to achieve is to frequently monitor your weight and size.
- Weighing yourself regularly is one solution; an even better method is trying on a pair of snug jeans once a week to make sure they still fit.
Now, you have probably realized that I have only covered two steps of the six steps. Don’t fret; we will cover the rest on following Nurse Support Calls so mark your calendars to attend. Also, you can contact your health coach and ask them how to obtain your copy of the new brochure, “The Path to a Longer, Healthier Life.”
This is just the beginning – there is much more to come!