Well, November is here and that starts the season of holiday get togethers, candy at the office, more lunches and dinners out, more traveling for some and vacations and of course, more stress than normal.
There are a few important things you must remember while you are on plan…
- Don’t skip a meal
- Stay away from fruit
- No beer or wine!!
- Peanut butter and cheese are too full of fat calories!!
- No Popcorn. It is healthy, but full of carbohydrates and will kick you out of your fat burning state.
Ok. So let’s go over a few strategies that will help you get through this tempting time.
First, I want to commend you for being on the support calls, because support is very important in your success.
- Seek Support! Through your family, HA (health advisor), and support calls
- Maintain your Take Shape program as closely as you can…5 and 1
- Ask for sparkling water and lime instead of beer and wine
- If there is a special holiday food that you will feel deprived of if you don’t have…then take one or two bites-just a taste and you will be surprised how satisfying it is.
- Eat more of the salads and green veggies at a dinner party and make the meat a “side dish”
- Don’t serve family meals family-style. Keep pots and dishes away from the table where it’s all too easy to go for seconds!
- Learn to “eyeball” the proper serving size that is right for you and stick to them when dining out or dishing up meals.
- Eat healthy fast foods…Medifast!! Don’t leave home without it!
- Physical activity is a good way to burn calories and it makes you feel great before going to a party, and remember to drink a shake on your way out the door!
- Have Fun!!!! Become great at mingling…Become the life of the party!!!
My Daily Holiday Schedule
____________ Wake up
____________ Breakfast ____________________
____________ Mid Morning _________________
____________ Lunch _____________________
____________ Mid Afternoon ________________
____________ Dinner _____________________
____________ Evening ____________________
Type of exercise today________________________
I exercised for how long? _______________
Today I feel…______________________________
My Challenges were__________________________
What did learn? ____________________________
My Plan for tomorrow________________________
I am one day closer to my healthy weight! I can do this, and I let no one change my desire. I Choose Health!!